Check Engine Light Diagnosis
Is Your ‘Check Engine’ Light On In Your Car?
Check Engine Light On?
When that check engine light turns on, is it a cause for panic, or just a subtle warning that you may need to schedule service? At LaScuola MotorWorks, we want you to have a safe, reliable vehicle to drive, and our skilled mechanics are here whenever an unusual light pops up.
If you have a check engine light, drive your car into one of our shops for check engine light diagnosis services, and get an accurate answer to why your light is on.
Common Reasons for Check Engine Light to Appear
The check engine light can come on for several reasons, but some common causes include:
- Gas cap problems: If the gas cap is loose or damaged, it can prevent the EVAP system from functioning correctly, triggering the check engine light.
- EGR valve problems: Problems with the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve can cause issues with the air intake system.
- Oxygen sensor: This sensor in the exhaust pipe is necessary to measure the air-to-fuel ratio, and if it is not working or is dirty, the check engine light will turn on.
- Catalytic converter: A damaged catalytic converter can trigger the check engine light.
- Bad spark plugs: Spark plugs are a vital part of your engine’s performance, and if they go bad, they can trigger the check engine light.
How We Diagnose Check Engine Light Problems
A check engine light can indicate something severe or something as simple as a dirty sensor, and the only way to know is to have the code read. We have a diagnostic tool that scans your engine for any trouble codes triggering the light, then provides you with a written description of those codes and what they mean. This information lets you make an informed decision about taking care of your vehicle.
Why You Need to Know
Because the check engine light has so many potential causes, including some that are simple and some that are very serious, you need to know what the issue is. Only with reliable information can you make the right decision about repairing the problem. Ignoring the warning light when it is one of the more serious problems can lead to severe, catastrophic engine issues.
If your check engine light is on, don’t wait. Stop in at LaScuola MotorWorks to have it evaluated today.
Ready To Serve You!
Don’t wait before the problem worsens before you take action.
Call 410-655-0686 today and schedule an appointment to have your car checked.
Our Service Area
We have locations in Randallstown and Eldersburg/Sykesville, but we have happy clients all around Baltimore, including Ellicott City, Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Westminster, Finksburg, Marriottsville, Granite, and even as far away as Towson. Get the car care you need.
Call today to schedule an appointment for quality automotive repair and maintenance.
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Eldersburg location open Saturdays 9am-3pm
*Shuttle Drop off or pick up until 4 pm!
We Have TWO Locations:
10917 Liberty Rd, Randallstown, MD 21133
6100 Sykesville Road, Eldersburg, MD 21784
DROPPING YOUR CAR OFF AT NIGHT? USE OUR NIGHT DROP FORM!
Appointments not available on Sundays or select Holidays
Closed on: New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.